Tuesday 7 February 2012

Nail Art (Post Three)



This purple leopard print was chosen by my brother's girlfriend, Hattie, for me to do on her nails. They worked out really nicely with the polishes looking glossy and professional.

I used a basecoat of 17 Lasting Fix in 'Woo Me', using the three-stroke technique, and then put a few spots of Barry M 'Mushroom' and 'Bright Purple' on each nail and waited for them all to dry. Then using my favourite Andrea Fulerton Nail Art Black Pen, I surrounded each spot with a broken ring and then added a few random swirls to fill the gaps. (Remember to never use a topcoat as it smudges the pens!)

The busy design has worked really well on Hattie's shorter nails here and the colours go surprisingly well together and with many different outfits. Nice work :)




 I got really bored over the weekend and decided to use my Andrea Fulerton Gemstone Overcoat (I know a post solely on this is long overdue). I used Barry M 'Matt White' and painted over the whole of each nail with 2 coats. Then I did a half/half design on each nail using Collection 2000 Lasting Colour in 'Liquorice' which I reflected on the other hand (colours and patterns here were 60's inspired). Was tempted to leave them as they were but to jazz it up a little bit, I covered each nail with some of the Gemstone Overcoat. This makes white nail polish resemble Opal with tiny little flakes of glitter suspended in clear polish. Although it is a dense varnish, it dries quite quickly and reasonably smoothly and, bucking the trend of most glitter polishes, is quite easy to remove. As you can see, on the dark colour, the glitter flakes reflect red and green tones, completely in contrast to the blue and purple colours that show on the white. I prefer the subtlety of the pale colour and will be using this more, but the colours on the black make it really striking. Definitely a good investment at under £5 per bottle from Superdrug!

        



No comments:

Post a Comment