Monday 16 January 2012

Andrea Fulerton Dot & Flick Nail Art: Black


The Andrea Fulerton Nail Boutique collection exclusively at Superdrug has really caught my attention. I decided to try my hand at a bit of nail art because I wanted to wear some leopard print, but not sure I'd get away with it on a piece of clothing. Answer: NAILS! I ordered the double-ended nail pen off Amazon because I couldn't go into town that week and it arrived in about 3 days. I couldn't wait to get started so I picked out a few colours which went together well (somebody requested pink nails so I chose pink for the background) and got started. I started with some OPI cuticle oil to prepare my nails and then used Boots' 17 Lasting Fix polish in 'Fairy Cake' as the background colour. 2 coats and then onto the next: a few spots on each nail of 17 Lasting Fix in 'Woo Me', some blobs of 17 Lasting Fix 'Mini Skirt' and a few dots of the limited edition MaxFactor Nailfinity polish in 'Boji'. After letting them dry completely, I started outlining each spot with the fine nib of the pen, not full circles, but broken rosettes like on a jaguar's coat. (Jaguar print is different from leopard print and I settled on jaguar.) This became way more difficult when I had to use my left hand to do my right hand, but I think it worked almost as well :) 
When the base coat chipped a few days later I used the pen to fix it up and it lasted about a week before I got bored and picked it all off (I also had to take the colour off because I had CCF the next day) I've loved this product so much, I went and bought the silver version, more news on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment