Monday 30 January 2012

Nail Art (Post Two)


A fusion of leopard and tiger print in brown, blue and black.
I really enjoyed doing this nail painting (had a lot of time to spare at the beginning of the week and this is the result) I love the Andrea Fulerton pens, both ends are really useful and I hope to sway away from animal prints soon onto more detailed and difficult designs, but for now they look great and I get a lot of compliments for them. I chose the colours because they go with almost anything and I had no idea of outfits for the rest of the week.

Using the base colour "17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish" in "Forever" I covered each nail with two smooth coats (same three swish system as always) and put a few spots of "Barry M Blue Moon" on some nails. Then, I surrounded each spot with a broken circle of black polish using the nib of the Dot&Flick pen and added a few extra details and splodges to cover the empty spaces. I then decided to test out the other part of the pen (the 'flick' side) which is a very thin and long brush. You have to make sure that this end has just the right amount of paint on to 'flick' properly, but after a disaster on my left thumb I got the knack and painted a tiger print by swishing off each edge of the nail alternately, releasing pressure as I went to create the tapered end. After far less effort than the leopard print, I had a great nail art job!






This is just the tiger print on Emily's nails. It looks great on a bolder background as well as on short nails. Thumbs up (if you'll pardon the pun) for this print all round!

No comments:

Post a Comment