Saturday 7 January 2012

Arm Warmers: Hobo or Haute Couture?

Dancers have used arm warmers and leg warmers to help them warm up for ages. Dance movies such as Step Up made the first push in popularising the knitted tubes and later certain school cliques were known to wear them (I wont mention any, only causes trouble) I've been wearing arm warmers and fingerless gloves for a while now (partly due to the fact I loved how they looked on Mitchell (Aidan Turner) the vampire in 'Being Human' actually.. I just loved the way he looked in general, but they HAD to kill him of didnt they!? Anyway, enough of that..) so, excuse me if I'm a little biased, but they're so cosy and you can't go wrong with a nice pair (or two) from New Look in the sales. BUT! Designer Donna Karan's ribbed cashmere-blend arm warmers, the grey ones below, are selling for £355 a pair! Personally, I think that's extortionate: they are plain and boring. (But a massive 'told you so!' to all the people who said I looked like a tramp at school.. You know who you are..) Joules has some nice ones, down to £6.48 in the John Lewis sale and Ted Baker are doing some gorgeous little angora fingerless gloves, down to £23 in their sale (white below)

1 comment:

  1. P.S. Madonna wore CHANEL fingerless leather gloves on Friday's Graham Norton Show!

    ReplyDelete